Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Santa: to do or not to do

With Christmas just around the corner, there is Santa stuff popping up every where. Figurines, placemats, and soap bottles, etc.
I always dreamed of waking up Christmas morning with my children excited to see what Santa brought them. But now that I'm a mother, I'm not so into Santa anymore. I definitely don't like Santa "stuff"and will not decorate my house with that gaudy-ness.
I loved seeing what Santa brought me when I was little and am not one of those kids who was upset with there parents for lying about Santa, but I'm just not sure how I want to play this. Casey says we have to do Santa because it's a childhood memory.
I just feel like Christmas is already blown out of proportion and has nothing to do with the true meaning. I want Rylee to be excited to celebrate Jesus birthday and not Santa coming.

I suppose we will see..

No comments:

Post a Comment