Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Cosleeping and the 12 week growth spurt

She may look all sweet and innocent here sleeping, but this was taken last week when she still slept. Monday night turned into a whole new ball game. She would fall asleep and as soon as I laid her down would wake up screaming. She wanted to be on my boob non stop. When I say non stop I mean like even if she wasn't hungry. Human pacifier over here folks! Yes, I tried a real paci. She would take it after much debate, fall asleep, spit it out and wake back up. 
We co-sleep every night which is normal for us, but usually she is put to bed in her crib at 8pm and then I get her out around 1am when she wakes to feed. Lately, she has been in our bed from the get go. I am dying for just four hours of my own sleep where I can sprawl out and not have to worry about her in bed with me. My poor husband I literally kicked him out of bed as soon as his alarm went off. I look forward to 3:30am every night now so that I can get some sleep comfortably. However, right now she is obviously needing something from me and it might just be emotional reassurance which she gets by sleeping with me and comfort nursing or it is about time for another growth spurt since she will 12 weeks on Saturday. Where had the time gone?
 Praying tonight is better for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment